Quantum GIS Description
Editor: Quantum GIS (QGIS) is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS) that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows. QGIS supports vector, raster, and database formats. QGIS is licensed under the GNU Public License.
* View and Overlay vector and raster data in different formats and projections without conversion to an internal or common format.
* Create maps and interactively explore spatial data with a friendly graphical user interface.
* Create, edit and export spatial data using
* Perform spatial analysis using the fTools plugin for Shapefiles or the integrated GRASS plugin, including
* Publish your map on the internet using the export to Mapfile capability
* ADAPT Quantum GIS to your special needs through the extensible plugin architecture.
· Added tooltips to the scale and coordinate position displays in the status bar
· Removed ugly console on WIN32 when not debugging
· Added icons to all GRASS tools. All GRASS tools are now on the toolbar
· New GRASS modules added to the GRASS toolbox
· The GRASS plugin is now fully internationalized
· Launcher plugin added to core plugins
· Numerous bug fixes
· Improvements in how segment lengths appear in the measure tool. The current segment length is shown/updated in the list of segments
· Improvement to zoom-in speed for rasters
· Improve line/area measuring behaviour when the user has been informed that they are probably using the wrong projection for the map canvas
Quantum GIS Screenshots
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in Quantum GIS
Release notes are not available currently.
Quantum GIS Requirements
No additional system requirements.